Sampford IXL Pty Ltd (NZBN 9429042118930) and its related entities (“we”, “us”, and “our””) is subject to the Privacy Act 1993 as amended from time to time.
What Information We Collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How We Collect Information
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website or authorised agent/dealer;
- register our product warranty;
- participate in a SIXL survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from SIXL;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally, SIXL only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which SIXL collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for goods, products, or other items from us;
- to contact you if there is a problem with your order or to provide after-sale services to you;
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, SIXL may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your SIXL communication preferences by contacting our Privacy Officer. In addition, the marketing communications that we send you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer.
Sometimes SIXL extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. SIXL uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including for example, after-sale service agencies, data processing companies, transportation businesses, and their respective officers, employees, agents and representatives for the primary purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, to provide you with a service or information that you requested or consented to receive from us.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and government authorities.
We may use your personal information to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of confidential alternative dispute resolution.
Your information may also be shared between related entities within our business group where necessary to fulfil our purposes.
We may engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involve the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we may engage third party contractors to:
- provide after-sale services
- provide delivery services
- provide email and mail handling services
- provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related
- operate call centres
- conduct market research
- provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, communication networks, software and system development and maintenance
In these situations, we take steps to prohibit the third party from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it to that third party contractor.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-SIXL website, please understand that SIXL is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access to and Correction of Information About You
Where we are required by law, we will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to the information we hold about you but will not charge you for lodging the request itself. Access to personal information will be given to you in the manner requested if it is reasonable to do so. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Australia Privacy Principles.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up to Date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is relevant, accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Transfer of Information Overseas
We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients comply with the Australia Privacy Principles.
- A supplier of goods and services from foreign country
- Data processors
- Information technology and business process service providers
In many cases the transfer will be necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
While we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online services (if relevant). Accordingly, use is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, interference or disclosure. Once personal information is no longer needed, it will be permanently de-identified or destroyed.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices, it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person.
shopixlappliances.co.nz does not process payment or store your credit card data.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
Feedback and Questions About Privacy
Telephone: 1300 727 421